Saturday, March 31, 2007

Beep beep.

I live on a street which is one of the few routes to get to the Lincoln Tunnel. Ordinarily this is not a problem. Traffic is heavy and noisy, but low rent and good location make up for it.

On sunny weekend days like today, suburbanites flock to the city as I described in yesterday's post. At dusk, they all try to go through the Lincoln Tunnel back home to New Jersey. All at the same time.

As you can see above, this causes some traffic congestion. In response, everyone from New Jersey honks their horn. Continuously. Whether it helps or not. Whether there's any point in it or not. Basically, as soon as they see the light turn green, every New Jersey driver on the block lays into their horn.

One day I will organize a convoy to someplace in suburban New Jersey. I will have 100 vehicles in my convoy. We will drive into their nice, quiet neighborhoods. And we will honk our horns. All at the same time.

No comments: