Thursday, March 15, 2007

It eats your brain.

I made meatloaf and scalloped potatoes for dinner tonight. As usual, I looked up a few recipes online, and then I did it my way. And (not necessarily as usual) they turned out well! Yummy yum yum.

I am somewhat distressed by how much I enjoy watching Family Guy. It's crap television, right? And yet it amuses me.

I am not nearly so distressed by how much I enjoy watching Ugly Betty. It's really, really good television! Of course it may just be that I idolize the gay assistant. His suits are absolutely gorgeous and I could never pull them off. His hair is absolutely fabulous and I quit trying to pull off that perm back in 1996. He is everything that a gay assistant should be; he is my idol.

I ate too much meatloaf and scalloped potatoes and now I feel fat. I've bought a pint of vanilla ice cream, which I will smother in Hershey's chocolate sauce, and which will take all my pain away.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Is meatloaf and scalloped potatoes a new thing for you? As you may or may not know, my biography could be written as The Quest For The Perfect Meatloaf And Scalloped Potatoes. The scalloped potatoes are pretty far on their way up Mount Paradiso, but my meatloaf lags behind. Which is my own fault! I will not experiment! I will not branch out and explore! No truffles or foie gras or what have you in my meatloaf! The last time I made it, I added some Smith & Wollensky steak sauce. The result was really tasty, but it seemed dishonest to me ("Sauce from a jar?") in my meatloaf.

Anyway, the quest continues.